WHITEWAY WINTER CHALLENGE!
Skate, Ski, Run – Sunday, Jan 17, 2021: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Individuals or Teams – Ages 12 & up
Lake Windermere Whiteway at Kinsmen Beach, Invermere, BC
ALL PARTICIPANTS NEED TO REGISTER AT REGISTRATION TENT BETWEEN 9:00 AND 9:30 AM.
Challenge yourself this winter and take part in the Whiteway Winter Challenge as an individual or team! This multi-sport challenge consists of 3 laps of the ~11km ‘Windermere Loop’ of the Lake Windemere Whiteway. We will kick the event off with the skate, and then slide into the ski, and round it out with the run.
This event is part of the Invermere Snowflake Festival which is a weekend long event and includes the annual Bonspiel on the Lake, family skating, live music, bonfires, fireworks, local food and more!
- The Challenge will start on Sunday at 10am, and registration will open at 9:00am, and will close at 9:45am
- If conditions do not allow for all 3 sports, we will adapt as follows: If only skiing and running is available, we will ski, then run, and then the participant/team can choose whether they want to ski or run their 3rd loop. If only skating, then we will open the challenge for 3 hours to see how many loops the individual/team can skate.
- If the temperature is below -15C the event will be cancelled
- If conditions don’t allow us to run the event you will receive a full refund
- If you need to withdraw, 75% of your registration fee can be refunded up to 1 week prior to the event (after that, no refunds are available)
Want to participate but not up for the whole challenge and don’t have a team? Use this Google Spread Sheet to find a team!
REGISTRATION FOR 2021 will begin in Fall, 2020.