Job Opportunity: General Manager
Job Title: General Manager – Toby Creek Nordic Ski Club
Overview: The General Manager of Toby Creek Nordic Ski Club (“TCNSC”) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization’s activities. The focus of this role is to deliver adult and youth programs, provide oversight of the club’s trail systems, organize competitions and events for local and regional athletes while ensuring that the organization’s mission and vision are achieved. The General Manager is a year-round position based in Invermere, BC and is anticipated to be approximately 0.8 of a full-time job across the year, with seasonality resulting in 1.0 from November to March and 0.65 from April to October.
- Program Management
- Develop, with the Board of Directors, and manage a comprehensive program portfolio that delivers quality sports programs, competitions, and events to local and regional athletes.
- Ensure programs align with the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, and training of coaches and volunteers to ensure quality delivery of programs.
- Coordinate and attend all Board of Director meetings to provide updates and recommendations to the board.
- Create and plan trip/event plans and budgets and attend races and other events as necessary to support athletes, coaches and other parent volunteers as necessary.
- Trail System Management
- Oversee the Operator of club managed trail systems, with safety and quality as a priority.
- Ensure contracts are in place with the paid Operator and volunteer ambassador(s) in order to ensure effective maintenance and communications (internal and external) in support of these trail systems.
- Engage volunteers as required for various tasks, including cash collection, outreach and communications.
- Regularly review and get feedback on safety procedures and equipment to ensure that risks to contractors and the public are mitigated as much as is reasonably possible.
- Financial Management
- Work with the Treasurer to develop and manage an annual budget that ensures the financial stability of the organization.
- Oversee the development of fundraising strategies to support the organization’s mission and programs.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Volunteer Management
- Develop and implement strategies to recruit, select, and retain volunteers to support the organization’s activities.
- Provide training and support to volunteers to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their roles.
- Recognize and acknowledge the contributions of volunteers to the organization.
- Community Relations and Development
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, including local and regional sports organizations, schools, and community groups.
- Lead the marketing and promotion of TCNSC programs and events.
- Identify and pursue partnership opportunities to support the organization’s mission and programs.
- Represent the organization at community events, public meetings, and other relevant forums.
- Experience in leadership and management roles. Experience within a sports-related field is an asset.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment and management.
- Knowledge of local and regional sports organizations and programs.
The General Manager must possess strong leadership skills, be able to work collaboratively with others, and be committed to achieving the organization’s mission and goals. The role requires the ability to balance competing demands and priorities while maintaining a positive and productive work environment. While it is expected that the successful candidate resides in the Invermere area, the position will be work-from-home. The General Manager will report to the President. The ability to work flexible hours, including attending events on evenings and weekends, may be required to meet the needs of the organization.
The annual salary for the 0.8 position is anticipated to be approximately $45,000, depending on the successful candidate’s education, qualifications and experience. Opportunities for bonus and future salary growth exist based on success and future club growth.
This position is open for applications and will remain open until we find a suitable candidate. Submissions and questions should be sent to email@example.com.