Lake Windermere Whiteway is open for Skating Only right now
- conditions are really good from Kinsmen Beach to Lakeview Meadows, and Kinsmen Beach to the first point on the west side of the lake.
- The ice is not very good on the east shore.
- There is also a short loop at Kinsmen Beach that is in good condition for skating.
Lake Lillian and Junior Johnson both open and in good condition for skiing!
Fortunately Lake Lillian Whiteway and the Junior Johnson trail are both in great condition and will be regroomed today!
Conditions are great for training for the Whiteway Winter Challenge. Don't forget to get registered
Hope to see you out there this weekend to enjoy the final weekend of winter holidays!
If the weather holds up we will have the sweeper out this morning over the whole trail!
See you our there 😁
Thanks so much to the volunteer snow angels who have been clearning skating trails while we waited to get our big machine out safely. For next year we are eyeing up a smaller machine that can allow us to get out there even earlier.
Don't forget to get your day pass ($5), punch pass ($20 for 6 days) or season pass / membership ($65 & includes may other benefits) to help us maintain and improve this incredible winter trail! https://tobycreeknordic.com/whiteway/
1) Lake Windermere Whiteway - Currently closed until we have more snow and thicker ice (12")
2) Lake Lillian Whiteway - Still in good condition (pictured below), hoping to track set tomorrow December 23rd
3) Panorama Mountain Resort - Trails currently closed due to downed trees, anticipated re-opening December 23rd, updates posted on their website
4) Nipika Mountain Resort - Trails currently open! Recommended 4X4 vehicle for the drive in on Settlers Road
We will keep you posted as conditions improve! Happy Holidays!
Your pass is part of your membership, and benefits include Annual trail pass to Lake Windermere Whiteway and Lake Lillian Whiteway, Access to Club Programs: Bunnies, Jackrabbits, Track Attack, Junior Development Program, Adult programs, Classic and Skate Clinics, Discount for Best of Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour (January), Discount for club loppet at Nipika Mountain Resort, Invitation to winter season kick-off social, Discount on trail passes at Nipika Mountain Resort, Discount on trail passes for Panorama Nordic Centre, Discount at Crazy Soles running/yoga/Nordic store, Annual subscription to CCBC Ski XC Magazine and a free year end BBQ at the Hale Hut! We hope you can join us. 🙂
6 Whiteway Day Passes for the the Price of 4 or Membership Gift Cards! Get in touch with our Whiteway Ambassadors at email@example.com to get yours!
Fingers crossed we get the predicted cooler temperatures next week and will have some thicker ice soon to get the Whiteway fully operational!
Big shout out to Blaine and his team at Online Automotive for getting our equipment ready to go and for donating these services to us! www.onlineautomotive.ca
Photo credit to Brad Kitching